Friday, February 12, 2010

Fight the Powder!

Snow days. A chance to sit back with hot cocoa and watch white flakes fall to the ground, blanketing the landscape outside your bedroom window.

But beware of wishing for a big bad blizzard. Much like a wolf in sheep's clothing, those things are not as serene as they may seem. Those peaceful looking drifts are dangerous and crippling to the fragile economy around you.

So rather than lazily work from home during Snowpocalypse 2010, I put on my boots and braved Arctic winds in order to get to my office.

Why did I risk falling on black ice? Because I'm lucky enough to have a job. A really cool one at that. Long gone are the days when I thought a whiteout just meant things came to a stop so I could go sledding. Post-layoff I'm much more sensitive to the long term effects of a frozen economy. Here's to hoping it thaws out soon.

Speaking of employment, it's shameless Casting Plug Time!

WHAT NOT TO WEAR SEASON 8 Now Casting

Citizens of Nashville, San Diego, Houston, New York tri state area, D.C. and Omaha, lend me your eyes! I am looking for people to SECRETLY nominate a friend, family-member or co-worker who is DESERVING of a COMPLETE FASHION MAKEOVER!

If you know someone whose wardrobe is outright unflattering, scary, skimpy, outdated, too tight, wacky, or just plain terrible...I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Candidates will receive a trip to New York City where they will receive $5,000 in clothing, shoes and accessories as well as a complete hair and make-up transformation.

To nominate a deserving female, please submit the following:

We need AT LEAST 2 pictures of her that show her bad style and the following information to either cweissman@bbcnyproduction.com

HER NAME:
AGE:
SIZE/HEIGHT:
ADDRESS:
OCCUPATION:
MARITAL STATUS:
DESCRIBE HER PERSONALITY:
DESCRIBE IN DETAIL HER STYLE:
TELL US WHY WE SHOULD CHOOSE HER AND WHAT MAKES HER UNIQUE?
WHY DOES SHE DESERVE THIS OVER ANYONE ELSE?

Include your info, your name, phone number and relation to the nominee!

No comments:

Post a Comment