Monday, February 1, 2010

Time to Donate!

Everything about laundry puts me in a bad mood. Throwing it in the hamper, hauling it to the laundromat, folding, sorting, putting it all back in my dresser... you get the point.

While trying to stuff gym shirts into a drawer today I had a thought: I have way too many workout shirts for someone who at best makes it to the gym 5 times a week.

So I dug out all my clothes, threw them on the beast (my over-sized bed) and sorted my wardrobe out, putting everything I haven't worn in years to the side.

3 bags full of shirts later, I asked my roommate if the hotel she is a manager at had any clothing drives going on for her co-worker's family in Haiti. Turns out there isn't anything going on at the Doubltree Hotel to help Haiti, but there is another co-worker of her's who always takes donated clothes with her on trips back to her impoverished hometown in Africa. She goes there several times a year.

It's frigid outside guys. You might as well stay in and assess what's in your closet. If you have a few things you don't want anymore and you don't have the time to bring them to some sort of red cross or homeless shelter, take them to work with you.

I will use my unlimited metrocard to ride around the city, pick up your unwanted items and take them back to the Times Square Doubletree. I can't give you $5,000 and a makeover in exchange for your things, but I can promise you will feel better about yourself on the inside.

If you realize just how heinous your fashion sense is, get a friend to nominate you for What Not to Wear. Hopefully I'll be able to cast you someday. If not, I'll settle for just taking your clothing castoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment